Saturday, October 26, 2013

Death, Burial, and Ressurection

Another week has passed. Every week seems to be going by faster and faster. I can't even keep up! This week we had Ron & Judy Smith come and teach us on the Biblical Foundations. As you may know, I grew up in a Christian home, so I didn't expect to learn much through this week, but boy was I wrong, as I usually am when I say that. They taught on so many subjects, but one that has completely stood out to me was the one on reading your bible more.
I always say, oh yeah I need to read my bible more, but I never got such passion for it until they talked about it this week. They had 2 ladies from the SBS (School of Biblical Studies) staff come in and talk to us about their experiences on this subject, and they inspired me so much to dig into the word. In our DTS we are going through the whole New Testament, but now one of the other girls who is going to Thailand with me, Natasha, and I have started reading the bible out loud to each other. We started in Luke, and we both take turns reading. So I read through the whole thing, now it's her turn to read it to me, and we are going to do this with all the books of the bible, beginning with the New Testament.  Ron & Judy also talked a lot on sin. One thing that really stood out to me was how it is not by our sin that we are kept out of heaven, but by our unbelief that Jesus took on our sins in His death and not believing in Him. This blew my mind this week. Even though that is something so simple, God has been giving me so many revelations through it, and it's AWESOME. I can't wait to be able to dig into Gods word on my own, and also next year doing SBS for 9 months. God is really starting to show me His plan, and I am so excited for it. He is SO GOOD.
This week we also had angel-mortal week, where we drew names of somebody and we were to give them gifts/letters/something encouraging throughout the week, and we had $5 total to spend all week. It was awesome because I love giving gifts and being encouraging so it was super fun! Also, my angel knew me pretty well... gave me a card with a cat joke, a disposable camera to take pictures.. I mean, come on. She is amazing! :) We got to find out who our angels were on Thursday night, and it was super fun. Mine was one of the girls, her name is Rebecca and she is from Michigan.
This week we get to go to Seattle for mini outreach, and I am super excited. :) Go back to my home state of Washington! God is going to amazing things there, and I can't wait to minister to people on the street. If you could keep us all in your prayers for this week, that would be awesome!
That is all I have this week. God is doing amazing things here, and I can't believe we leave for OUTREACH in just under 2 months! So crazy. :) Thailand, HERE I COME.

No comments:

Post a Comment