Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dancing with Jesus

It's SATURDAY. Part of me wants to say, finally. And then the other part of me says, wow, it's already another Saturday. Time seems to be flying by here. I am absolutely loving it out here. It has definitely been a challenging time in my life, that is for sure. God has been working in a lot of areas in my life, and it's crazy. Every week we have different speakers on different topics, and this week was Relationships. Not only boy/girl relationships, but everything. We talked about being co-dependent on relationships. This kinda hit close to me because I have found myself more running to people for help than to God. I have been challenged a lot by God to step out of this and completely run to Him, and it has not been easy.
I have wrestled more with God this week than I have in my life. Every week we have to do journals and process through lectures, our quiet time, and basically everything that happened that week. I wrote more in my journal this week than I have, but I really think God is going to do amazing things with that. 

Last night (Friday), we had a worship night down in our lecture hall. It was the BEST worship I have ever felt. God really broke some chains off of me, and it was amazing. Ever since I got here, I have had my whole concept of knowing Gods love taken from me, and I know it was God. He wanted me to rework through some stuff, and see His love in a whole new way than I did before, and let me tell you, it's amazing. I was just on the floor reading the bible and God just spoke so clearly to me in these 3 pictures. I can't really share them right now, but it's awesome. So after that I got up and just started singing and for the last while during worship I have just pictured myself dancing with Jesus. As I got up, I felt the urge to just dance, but one of the really good dance ladies was in there, and I felt uncomfortable in dancing because I really have never taken any lessons or anything. So I did little hand gestures, and just as I started doing this, Taryn comes over to me and says that God had been telling her to tell me to dance for a while, and she almost wasn't going to tell me because she didn't think it was right. That made me almost want to cry. After she prayed over me, I just felt this presence just take over my body and I had no control of it. I just started dancing, and I would say it was DEFINITELY with Jesus. Guys, HE IS SO GOOD.
I definitely felt his love for me in that moment, and I couldn't even handle it. Also, this week I hurt my knee while I was sleeping somehow. A lot of us here in our DTS have been super attacked with leg injuries, so I know this was a complete attack. It was okay, but did have a lot of pain. So I wore my brace for a couple days, and then ended up tripping and falling on it on Wednesday night, and it just made it worse. On Friday this girl Hannah prayed over it, and after worship that night, it was COMPLETELY healed. The Spirit is moving so hard here, and it's amazing! I can't say it enough, but GOD IS SO GOOD. :) 
I also got to prepare and teach my VERY first teaching to the kids at the local elementary school this week. They have an after school program called CLUB 3:16 and through the Childrens Ministry track, I got the option to teach, and I took it! I had 2 days to prepare, and I was so nervous, but God worked in that, and it was awesome! I taught on Abraham, and the topic was on "How to Allow God to Change You" which is funny because that has been a struggle for me lately. But it did go really really well. All the praise to Him! :)

I am not sure if any of this makes sense, or if it was just a bunch of little things on my mind spilled out, but I hope you enjoyed it... I will update again on next Saturday. Just know, God is moving, and I am feeling more and more of Him every day! 

2 comments:

  1. If we would all be open to listening to the Lord when he speaks to us. During praise, during prayer, during quiet time and even when we are running around busy. Our life would be so much richer. I'm so happy that you are letting Him lead you and fill you with his glory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, this is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! I have a lot I could say about dancing before the Lord (especially because we do it at my church!), and I can echo that it is incredible when you allow the Spirit to (literally) move you. And how amazing to see the spiritual warfare and victories! Praise God!

    On a side note, if you're in Lynden at Christmas time, I can teach you some worship dances I know if you're interested.

    It's beautiful to see you being obedient to God's leading and I'm so happy you have this opportunity to grow in this ministry.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete