Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fit for the Kingdom

I'm not writing this to show off. I'm not writing this to show how good I am. I'm writing this to maybe inspire some of you ladies to do the same, and to love who you are.


Somehow, I find myself every year thinking, how did summer come so quick? And then I take out the bathing suits, and put them right back. As ANY girl knows, it's a struggle to love your body. Maybe it comes with just being a girl, but every girl struggles at some point. I found myself sitting in front of the television, eating chips and dip more times than I can count. At first you don't notice a difference, or at all, until you try on those clothes that used to fit, or you get on that scale at the doctors. It's gut wrenching. 
There came a time recently where I was sick of all the excuses, sick of feeling like crap, and did something about it. I dusted off the workout shoes, and put those babies on. And let me tell you, it's been the hardest thing I have done, but the most rewarding for sure. It did not all come overnight either. I struggle daily with the decision to just watch TV and eat my favorite snack, or to get my butt outside for an hour and work it out. It changes your body, that is one thing, but you don't realize until after a while how it changes your mind and perspective. You start viewing yourself differently, you start looking at the world in a new way. You feel good about yourself. 

Great, you say.... I've been working out forever and never feel that way. Well, that isn't the only thing that has helped me feel better about myself. I have chosen that no matter what, two things are the most important in my life in this season. NUMBER ONE: Spending time with my Father. He knows me best. He knows my weakness, He knows my heart, and He understands. Even in the times that I don't want to do things, God whispers, "get out, go do it, you will not regret it, and I will be with you". No matter what, I know this is the most important thing, spending time relaxing in His presence. He  helps me on my workouts. When I feel like giving up, I look up and say, HELP!! And almost instantaneously I feel this push to keep going. To push through, and keep on going. Not only does this work in working out, but it works in all areas of life. It amazes me how God uses situations in life to point to Himself. He is SO GOOD.
NUMBER TWO: Being Healthy. As many of you know, I will be heading off to YWAM in Montana in the Fall. It hit me the other day, and realized, if I wanna do all I can do for Christ, I need to start being healthy. Often I get people saying, Megan, you are so skinny, you don't need to do that. No, actually, I don't do any of my workouts to necessarily "lose weight", I am doing it to stay healthy and be fit. God said to take care of His temple, and our bodies are the temple. During one of my workouts recently, my body was aching so hard, and I felt like giving up, but something inside me said, "Well maybe if you took care of the temple I gave you all along, you wouldn't feel this much pain.." BAM... God sure knows how to motivate me. 

So what this whole blog is, is to encourage you. GET OUT THERE! Do something you love to do. Whether that be running, biking, walking, dancing, whatever it may be, PUSH yourself. Do it until you can't breathe. It will hurt, but after you do it, you will be so proud of yourself, and God will be too. 

I will post some of my workouts for you guys to read and maybe follow if you are lost in that area. But seriously... get out there. Don't let excuses run your life anymore. Give those excuses to God and see what He says about them. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment